Thursday, November 24, 2011

Thanksgiving

Been awhile. I haven't really done anything blog-worthy until today.

Japan doesn't really celebrate thanksgiving, unlike some of the other American holidays that are big here. Instead, a group of us went to a place called High Five Burger and just ate American-style! It was really good. I should mention that our New Yorker, Tom, spent 4000 yen (like $50ish) and ate a crazy amount of food. IIRC, nachos, a chili dog, a milkshake, triple burger, large fries, and onion rings. TRULY AMERICAN.

Afterwards, we went to iias (the mall I've mentioned in previous posts) and watched Moneyball. (American Brad Pitt movie). American movies are popular here, but America doesn't have much in terms of international movies, does it? Some people went out drinking, but I decided to come back, since I'm pretty tired. Also, I'm done with finals now, so I basically have nothing to do for awhile.

I'll post again if anything interesting happens.

No comments:

Post a Comment